Monday, August 6, 2012

Thoughts...

I'm not sure where to start. There are two parts to my life right now. I'll start with Alaska.

Alaska has been AWESOME! I have learned so much about myself, about what I want, and about my chosen profession. I haven't had any regrets in coming up here. All of the traveling that I have been able to do has been so fun, and sometimes I just sit in awe because of how blessed I am.

Idaho has been on my mind a lot. Not necessarily the place, but the people that I love that are still there. Some big family events have occurred, and a lot of heart ache has resulted. I love being here, but I miss being able to be there for my family, and to have my family be there for me. I have been feeling very sad for my cousin and friend that are most affected by these events, and I feel very alone in that sadness. I have wonderful friends here who I talk to about it, but it's different. I miss talking to my Mom. Phone calls are wonderful, but they are not the same. I know that I wouldn't be making much difference if I was in Idaho, but it's hard not to think about it.

I was watching the Olympics with some friends tonight, and they were showing a Michael Phelps tribute. They mentioned that he is 27, and I realized something. I'm only 22. I have 5 years until I am his age, and that is more than enough time to do something amazing. I don't want to just work as an accountant for the next 5 years. Sure, I'll have money, but what else will I have? I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but I've decided that I'm going to do something to help people. 5 years from now, I want to be able to say I made a difference. The situation I mentioned above has played a big role in this, and I decided that I want to help people who are suffering, or who feel alone. No one should have to feel like that. I'm not sure how to do that yet, and I would like to do it in a way that I'm good at, which is also going to be hard to find. BUT, be sure that I will find it. I've got a new life mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment