Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Change... is a good thing!

Sometimes, I realize that I have an AMAZING life. :) Moving to Alaska was the best decision I've ever made. The things I have learned about myself since coming here (and the friends I have made) will have a lasting impact on my life, and I have no doubt of that. I remember trying to make a decision about where my life would go since I was graduating... and now I realize how foolish I was to think that I was directing my life at all.

I have learned this lesson at many different times in life, but I just recently re-learned how important it is to turn your life over to God. Once you do that, the small details and decisions don't matter as much. Life has so much more meaning and purpose because everything is leading you to the ultimate goal of eternal life with such a loving Heavenly Father.

I'm not proclaiming to be a pro at this task, but I like to think I'm getting better at it :) And as such, I've decided to take another leap of faith.... and MOVE! Again. Haha. I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason, and for some reason my future didn't actually end up being in Alaska.

However, Alaska helped me realize that, and so I realize how crucial it was for me to come here. So, my last day of work is this Friday, and I will be leaving on Sunday to make the crazy drive back to Idaho! My parents are flying in on Saturday night, so I hope they can handle the quick turn around. This might be an interesting drive, and I hope we can make it safely.

I'm so excited to get back and see all the people I care about. This is going to be a wonderful change!

Here's my Tuesday throwback picture :) Taken at Kolby's wedding reception nearly two years ago. Timing really does make all the difference. I'm appreciative of the things that I've learned in the last two years! We all have a journey to make, and I'm super excited for the next leg of mine! :D

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, you are amazing! I'm so glad you came up here to Alaska- seriously- you have blessed my life! Live your life to the fullest!! And always remember how cool you are ;).

    ReplyDelete